Employment: Full Time
We are Heartists®
“Heartist © ” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what’s good for them- and good for the world.
– To supervise & manage Reservations operations and coordinates its activities with the other departments.
– To ensure a continuously high quality of reservations delivery to the clients and to manage and motivate the reservation team.
– To record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and converted to sales where possible to meet hotel targets.
– To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected.
– To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensure residents’ satisfaction.
Revenue Management responsibilities:
– To monitor potential highs and lows period in the business.
– To support and implement appropriate sales actions after revenue strategy meetings every week with commercial team.
– To analyze market segmentations daily and monthly basis to evaluate the online and offline sales opportunities.
– To update sales and front office teams about hotel demand calendar throughout the year according to the city demand.
– To maximize hotel yield by upselling and suggestive selling in line with hotel strategy.
– To be aware of the Hotel occupancy and average room rate daily, month to-date and performance against budget requirements.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
– Maintains effective guest relations to ensure repeat business, and works closely with commercial and other operation departments of the hotel.
– Promotes a helpful and professional image to the client and gives full cooperation to any customer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
– Contribute to the design of the hotel’s business strategy and daily / monthly revenue targets.
– Monitor online channel representation (GDS, CRO, web, 3rd parties etc.)
– Ensure daily reservations duties, including pick-ups, travel agent commissions and responses to clients for enquiries.
– Complete the Rate Shopping Report on a daily basis.
– Ensure that restricted dates, offer rates and promotions are updated and monitored on a daily basis.
– Perform daily arrival check to avoid no-shows and rebates and inconveniences at guest check-in.
– Knows the required operation procedures of opera (or any other system in use) and maintains an awareness of guest, Corporate, Travel Agencies, and Group profile through system.
– Shows complete product knowledge, understand rate structure and apply rate management.
– Ensures all administration procedures are maintained to hotel and company standards.
– Answers all incoming calls to reservations as per company standards.
– Positively contributes to the sales activities within the hotel and maximizes sales opportunities.
– Anticipates clients’ needs and assist guests in any further requests.
– Attends training sessions when required and operates in line with the training and information received.
– Ensure to distribute and prioritize the booking requests to the team.
– Supervise and develop the Reservations Agents.
– Ensures all reservations and requests are confirmed correctly and within 24 hours and upon request according to the quality standards.
– Understands the cancellation and no show policy action and follows the guarantee procedure.
– Has a thorough knowledge of current rates and promotions. Promotes up-sells and cross sells at all times. Identifies and communicates sales leads to the Sales team
– Understands the Hotel’s Credit Policy and is applied.
– Ensure proper shift hand over and daily reports are completed accurately
– Ensure that CRS booking delivery is checked from time to time and properly entered into PMS
– Ensure that all special rates, complimentary booking, and upgrades approved by the authorized persons.
– Apply room inventory restrictions on local and international system as directed by revenue director.
– Have complete knowledge of the FIT rate structure.
– Assist in training the Reservations team in up selling, reservation skills and systems.
– To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
– Resolve / report guest complaints or requests and liaise with the party concerned to ensure immediate follow up has been made.
– Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings as requested.
– Seek out potential corporate clients and gives the lead to either the Reservations Manager or the Sales Department
– Coordination with Front Office and other departments if regarding requests as required.
– Assists the director of revenue in preparing different reports.
– Prepare the inventory requisition of the department.
– Ensure daily pricing is in line with the annual business strategy.
– Participate in monthly forecast process.
– Maintain the annual Demand Calendar.
– Ensure that all rates are loaded in CRS and PMS for 1 year in advance.
– Manage third party website rates through CRS system.
– Prepare needed monthly run down reports, to follow up the definite & tentative future business with Travel Agents & companies
– Ensure that all payments for no-shows are chased in timely manner and charged correctly.
– Ensure all Company sales, marketing and rate information and plans are kept strictly confidential, and that no third parties are given information either voluntary or involuntary by the Reservations Team
– Maintains filing on a daily basis and sets up new files when necessary.
– Enter and maintain all Tour Operators allotments into PMS.
– Create and maintain PMS companies and guest profiles according to the standards.
– To communicate all management decisions to the reservations team and make sure of application according to Policy and standards.
– Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
– Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
– Be well-familiar with the hotel’s policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
– Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
– Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
– Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
– Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
– Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.